Sunday 25 November 2012

One month until Christmas

 
We are now in November. Seriously, how has this happened? Where has the year gone?  A quick glance at the calendar above me tells me that it is in fact exactly a month until Christmas day. Time just keeps galloping along at a great speed doesn’t it…

Ok, so going back to the end of August and the Paralympics. What an experience. I think it is safe to say I’ve had a very exciting, jammed packed summer. My section of the Paralympics opened the show – if you watched it we were dancing with light up umbrellas to Rihanna’s ‘Umbrella’ Ella…Ella! I felt very emotional standing in position before we went live to the world…yes the world! It just dawned on me how incredibly lucky I have been to have been involved in the London 2012 ceremonies. It was one of those pinch yourself this is really happening moments.
At the end of the show Beverley Knight sang “I am what I am” and all the cast got join in the finale (unlike in the Opening of the Olympics). I can’t even begin to describe the feeling of walking into that stadium, the noise, the fireworks going off all around us. It was just one of those moments I will never ever forget. When all the audience had left we got to mill around for one last time in the stadium. It’s safe to say I took hundreds of photos, I will post a few of them on here now.
A week after the Paralympics finished I flew to Asia and went backpacking around Thailand for a month. I hardly had time to think. After lots of travelling, Thai busses, hostels, and riding elephants I finally came back home in October.
Now here I am. Very poor but luckily I’ve managed to get myself three part time jobs to tie me over during the Christmas period. In the New Year I am going to seriously re-focus on my Acting career and see where it takes me. Who knows what will happen…!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment